Monday, October 10, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 1 "The Adventures of Supergirl" Review


Kara teams up with her cousin to stop a new threat in Central City, leaving Alex feeling left out. In the meantime, Kara and Hank are stunned by the pod that crash landed on Earth.

This was a really great season opener episode that did a good job of introducing Clark without going too far into his backstory and making the whole episode about him. Then also introducing Lena Luthor was a storyline that I was not expecting but it was a really interesting plot that I can't wait to see it play out even more. Clark was also really great at bringing a new sort of humor to this episode that was really fun to see. Winn was a little confusing because did he lose or quit his job at CatCo that he was hanging out at the DEO so much and trying to get a job there because I understand that he enjoyed working for the DEO but he wasn't at CatCo at all in this episode so what is going on. Hank and Clark's history as to why they don't like each other I like the fact that they managed to cover the topic in one episode and not drag it no, but I also feel like it is kind of a dumb reason to dislike each other to the extent they seem to. The DEO's new office is kind of cool and I like it better that they are right there in the city and no longer out in the middle of nowhere. Kara trying to settle on a new job in this episode was a little interesting with all the struggles she had with making the final decision to become a reporter. Then Kara's relationship with James is a little confusing because they were together at the beginning of this episode, then they talked a bit and I think they broke up, and then by the end of this episode I don't know if they were back together or not or really I just have no idea what was going on there. Overall this was a really great and interesting episode and I really can't wait to see what will happen next.   

No comments:

Post a Comment