Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 3 "Welcome to Earth" Review


Supergirl and the DEO are assigned to protect the President when an attack on her causes alien vs. human rights in National City to heat up. Alex investigates the case with Maggie Sawyer while Kara fears Mon-El may be responsible.

This was a really great episode that really got the ball moving with everybody falling into their new roles. I like watching James sort of come into his own as the new boss and learning to stand up to Snapper and remind everyone that he is the new boss. I was just really cool to see all the development James went through to get to that point. Then I liked the interview with Lena Luthor and just seeing how she is kind of like her brother Lex she just is more subtle with her plans and sort of puts it all behind a smiling face, and I just find that so cool to see. The whole idea of the plan to let aliens gain full citizenship I think is kind of interesting but I also agree with Hank that the idea could go bad in any number of ways. I did like the twist at the end of this episode when it came to the president that outcome was not something I was expecting. Then all the fighting between Kara and Mon-El was interesting to see because it is a story plot I'm not as familiar with so I liked learning all that stuff. But the twist of who the actual bad guy was I didn't really care for because it just seemed a bit too far off of the course they were originally running on. Overall I really enjoyed this episode and it had some great moments to it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment