Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Arrow Season 5 Episode 1 "Legacy" Review


After Laurel's death and the departures of both Diggle and Thea from Team Arrow, Oliver takes to the streets solo to protect Star City's citizens as the Green Arrow.

This was a really great season opener episode that did a good job of setting some stuff up for the future as well as keeping to some current action for the episode in the moment. I really liked the opener and having the Green Arrow fighting up against Anarchy just seeing that moment right away made me really happy. All the parts with Oliver being the new mayor felt like a lot of harkening back to when he was a CEO or just plain rich and so he was always late or just not doing things right. And because of all that I'm very curious to know why all the other characters think it surprising when he shows up late. I think it would be more surprising if he actually showed up to an event on time. And with Oliver having this double duty of mayor and Green Arrow I don't quite know how I feel about it I think it will probably end up like all his past positions where he is going to chose being the Arrow over everything else. I kind of wish that they would show a bit more of all these potential new recruits because they just show one of the once and then they are only talked about. But maybe in the next episode, they will be shown a bit more. I did really like them finally showing what Laurel said to Oliver before she died and what she ended up saying I was not really expecting, but it also kind of makes a little sense. I really liked the scene where Oliver and Diggle were talking to each other it was a very sweet moment and a great way to kind of end this episode. Then the actual ending was really interesting and hopefully the next episode will explain the ending a bit more. Overall this was a really great first episode and I can't wait to see more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment