Monday, October 31, 2016

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again



This film follows sweethearts Janet and Brad, who stumble upon Dr. Frank-N-Furter's bizarre abode. Frank-N-Furter, a sexually ambiguous, flirtatious alien mad scientist, is holding an annual, Transylvanian science convention to showcase the birth of "Rocky Horror" - a fit, attractive man created solely to fulfill Frank's desires. 

This was a really great film that managed to keep a lot of similar ideas of the original while updating some moments here and there. I have never actually seen the original movie I mostly just listened to the soundtrack and fell in love with the musical that way, but when I saw that they were making a remake of the movie I was really excited, and when I saw the cast list I was even more excited. The character of Riff Raff I didn't much care for his voice because I'm so used to the character having this really creepy singing voice so when the version in this film came out singing in a really rock and roll voice I really liked it but it still seemed really off to me from what I'm used to. But besides that, all the songs were done really well and each of the characters was really well done in there costumes and acting. The way some scenes were shown was a little too jumpy for my taste like when they had the whole dinner scene everything just moved around a bit too much. Overall This was a really great film and it had so many funny moments to it and I just really loved it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment