Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gotham Season 3 Episode 7 "Red Queen" Review


After coming in contact with a substance by the hand of Mad Hatter, Jim Gordon gets led on a psychedelic trip and must confront his past, present and future. Meanwhile, Penguin struggles with Nygma's new relationship.

This is was a really great and really interesting episode that had a lot to it I wasn't expecting. I really like the Mad Hatter's whole plan that in the last episode he took care of Gordon to some extent and now his plan the next day get rid of all Gotham. And I really enjoyed the scene where the Mad Hatter at the shop getting all the stuff to make Alice's blood more potent and he finds this other dust that just happens have the perfect name or his whole theme. I was expecting the Mad Hatter's whole plan to set this virus all over Gotham was going to be more along the lines of what happened with the Viper drug from season one, but the way that he actually chose to go about it I find very interesting where he decided like just target the rich and powerful. And then within that same scene, I really like that Penguin met the Court of Owls kind of, didn't know it. Then the whole idea of taking Gordon off the case unless he wanted to be a police officer I thought was a very interesting way of going about doing this episode where they finally kind of have Gordon separated from everyone else so no one's really there to help him when he needs help and he's not really there to help the GCPD also. All the scenes where Gordon is hallucinating were very interesting with how they were all done. I really liked how they were all stylized, but then what was actually going on in those moments was kind of confusing and hard to follow, but I still got the general idea of it all. Then I enjoyed the moments between Penguin and Nygma where Penguins sort of finally figures out that Nygma might not feel the same way about him, and then Penguin sets out to destroy Nygma's newest relationship. Overall I really enjoyed this episode and I'm very happy with how the episode ended all the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment