Friday, August 19, 2016

Supergirl Season 1 Episode 10 "Childish Things" Review


Kara does her best to support Winn when he hears that his father Winslow Schott Sr. breaks out of prison. His father looks for Winn for a reason to become like him. Cat offers Lucy a job working at CatCo and Alex asks Hank to use his powers to find out and uncover Maxwell Lord's plans.

This was a really interesting episode that really seemed to come out of nowhere in my mind. I realize that the main point of this episode was all about Winn finally telling Kara how he feels about her, which the scene where they did that was really well done and ran so smoothly it didn't seem to jump from being friends to and cool with that too then them sharing how they truly feel about each other. Even though the scene still did have the common TV trend where they kiss one pulls away then the other panics and leaves. The whole idea that Winn's father had seemed a little far fetch in my mind because he seemed to be wanting to just be with his son, but then he would also be forcing his son to do things that at least some part of his mind he must have thought that he wouldn't do, and then because of that to some degree he was willing to kill his son. That just all together really doesn't make that much scene to me. Then the scenes with Hank and Alex were really good with how easily they managed to get into Maxwell's secret room, but I still have a feeling with how much Alex is easily exposing herself to Maxwell in the end it is only going to end up getting her hurt. I really want to know what the phoenix plan that Maxwell is creating is all about, so much so that I might need to look it up and see if it is a part of the comics as well. Then Lucy joining CatCo really is just a way to give her more screen time, and I'm still not really sure what I think about her because at times I find her really annoying. Overall I really enjoyed this episode and it was really entertaining to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment