Friday, August 26, 2016

Arrow Season 4 Episode 20 "Genesis" Review


As Oliver and Felicity look for a magical solution to defeat Darhk, a vengeance-driven Diggle gets a lead on Andy's whereabouts and heads off to confront his brother. Meanwhile, Alex takes Thea on a vacation that quickly turns into a nightmare.

This was a very interesting episode, but it also felt a little off in my mind with how it was presented. The idea of the team going and taking a break while Oliver went out and learned how to use magic seemed like a really interesting idea in my mind, but the way they went about actually doing this episode is what put me off. Because Felicity now being somewhat back on the team decided to personally go with Oliver to find this other magical person for little to no reason in my mind. Then Diggle just sent the whole episode dealing with Andy and Darhk so he really didn't get much of a break at all he just went about doing the work mostly solo. The only one who actually went on a break was Thea and even that was far from a true vacation. So it was a good idea but not really shown in the way I imagined it. I did really like all the scenes with Oliver and the Shaman and telling him about light magic and dark magic and how it all works when it comes to facing Darhk. I also liked the parts within that where Oliver has to try and learn to see past all the darkness in him life and begin to see all the light in it. Which at first when he was talking about all this after the Shaman kick Oliver out and he told Felicity that she is really his biggest light in his life I had a moment of thinking maybe Felicity might be the one to end up with the magic, but that question really has yet to be fully answered. How things ended between Andy and John was really sad and I wish there could have been another way but it was also the thing that made the most amount of sense especially with Andy threatening his family. Overall I really did like this episode it just felt a little off in my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment