Sunday, August 14, 2016

Arrow Season 4 Episode 18 "Eleven-Fifty-Nine" Review


Oliver and Diggle find out Merlyn wants to break Darhk out of prison; Laurel gets a surprise offer.

This was a very interesting and dramatic episode that was all about bringing Darhk back into the picture. Which was a little confusing to me because in the last episode it really seemed like the whole HIVE organization was done with Darhk, and in my mind it seemed a bit like that was Merlyn's whole plan was to then maybe take Darhk's powers for himself since he is no longer the head of the league of assassins anymore. But to have this sudden change in attitude between Darhk and Merlyn seemed a bit weird to me. But that being said the whole bunker break in scene and the prison breakout scene was really awesome to see. I am very curious with the magical statue that Darhk uses is was happened when he sacrifices his own soul, because he kind of tried using his own blood only to find out it wouldn't work so he killed someone else to get his powers back, so if his own blood did work wouldn't he end up dead just like the other guy? Then the whole scene with Lance getting arrested was a little weird and random in my mind. I still really want to know what HIVE's whole Genisis plan is because I know they want to cause some kind of disaster, but what? Then the ending was really sad with Oliver and Laural sort of admitting their feeling towards each other, but I really want to know what she told him at the end because the cameras took us outside of the room when that conversation was going on. Overall this was a really good episode but it had some parts that were kind of confusing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment