Monday, February 6, 2017

Emerald City Season 1 Episode 6 "Beautiful Wickedness" Review

Dorothy’s confrontation with the Wizard brings her closer to discovering the truth about her past. Lucas goes to great lengths to recover his memory, even if it means allying with West. The Wizard enacts his plan with Lady Ev to prepare for the battle to come.

This was a really interesting episode that took the story in a lot of different ways that I was not expecting. I liked that they did show a bit of how the Wizard got to OZ and how it seems like he knew about OZ before that which seemed really odd to me. Then it was interesting how they got Lucas's memory's back somewhat to help tell what happened when he killed all those guards. The whole idea of having the witch of the south in this I am so excited for if they do go and show her at all, because it is the one witch who isn't really talked about all that much. I also really liked that the little girl Dorothy and Lucas found is a cardinal witch created by the Witch of the South, as well as several other little girls like her. Glinda being that actual bad guy is a really cool idea and I can't wait to see what they are going to do with it, and I can't wait to see what side Dorothy will actually take in this war. The moment between Jack and Tip I have been waiting to see happen and it did in this episode, and it pretty much went as I was expecting it to go. With Jack being mad at Tip for leaving him alone and Tip not sure what to say in order to apologize. Then all the moments with the gun were kind of interesting with the Wizard giving it and the ammo to Lady Ev to have her people go and make more to help weaponized both cities. I really want to know if they are trying to imply that Glinda is that darkness in the form of a human that is coming or is that is still a whole other force that is still approaching. But I do have to say overall I really enjoyed this episode and I can't wait to see more.


No comments:

Post a Comment