Monday, September 25, 2017

Gotham Season 4 Episode 1 "Pax Penguina" Review


Gordon fears Jonathan Crane is still alive and back in Gotham when The Scarecrow's signature MO is used in a series of robberies. Meanwhile, Penguin's "licensing" of crime in the city backfires during the grand opening of his new Iceberg Lounge. Also, in the aftermath of his encounter with Ra's Al Ghul, Bruce begins his vigilante watch.

This was a really great and entertaining first episode that was mostly just dedicated to reintroducing everyone and introducing some new plots. The idea of the crime licenses is really interesting to see how it all works and I really like the quote from Gordon about how long it will be until Penguin starts licensing murder. Then everything with Crane was really great with them coming up with their own origin story for how he came to be with these other criminals kidnapping him and making him make the fear gas for them. I am also really happy that they brought back the same actor to play Crane I was a little worried that he might be replaced since we haven't seen him since season one. And I'm just really excited to see what they are going to do with him because as I've said before I am a big fan of Scarecrow and I can't wait to see more of him. Then the moments with Bruce were okay with him starting out on his quest of being a hero by going around and stopping small street crime. But then the scene where he goes and confronts Penguin was a little too far for him at the moment and I'm happy Alfred was there to hold him back a bit. Then just overall this was a really great first episode and I can't wait to see where they will go from here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment