Monday, March 6, 2017

Emerald City Season 1 Episode 10 "No Place Like Home" Review


The conflict between the witches and Oz come to a head. Langwidere is unmasked. Tip gets revenge and a crown but remains conflicted. Something wakens. Dorothy meets her past and gets sent home.

This was a really interesting episode that didn't fully go as I expected it to go but it also did a lot of things I was expecting. I really liked all the scenes where Ozma and West go to Emerald City and take it over. There were so many interesting moments in there about what kind of ruler Ozma will be which is one that is very powerful but not necessarily a killer. Then the conversation between Galinda and West was really interesting with how it all turned out but I don't think Galinda will stay hand to Ozma for very long. Then all the moments at the actual battle were interesting with how they chose to carry Dorothy by having her not fully on The Wizards side but she was more willing to more with him over Galinda. Then it was really cool when all the witches showed up in the form of a bunch of golden loci. And how the whole massacre turned out was interesting with how everything ended. The truth about Dorothy's mother is a little overdone for me and I feel they only really did it to connect everyone together. Who the actual Beast Forever is was very interesting with how they showed them becoming the best. And I really loved the scene where the Beast Forever flew over all the different people who represent the Lion, Scarecrow, and Tinman. Then the ending was very interesting but I also didn't care for it because she and Lucas really shouldn't team up again. But I do have to say overall this was a really exciting and great episode to end on for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment