Friday, September 14, 2018

American Horror Story Apocalypse Episode 1 "The End" Review


After a nuclear attack, a select few must survive in a bunker dubbed Outpost Three ruled by a tyrannical matriarch.

This was a really amazing first episode and I have to say out of all the season this is my favorite first episode because they just got in there with the story. Which really surprised me because I was expecting the bombs to drop at the end of this episode at the earliest but they just started off right away with the bombs dropping. I thought they were going to spend the first episode introducing all the main characters and then after those introductions, you would see how they react to the bombs, but no they drop the bombs first and then you get to truly meet the characters which were so interesting to me.

Everything around Coco, Mallory, and their friends at the beginning of this episode were really great with the bombs coming and Coco happened to be rich enough that she has several tickets to Outpost Three. And I'm really curious on how they got to Outpost Three because from what they showed the group were up on an autopiloted plain to get out of the initial blast zone but then what happened to the next? I guess will just have to wait and see that in the next episode. Then Coco's husband Brock was really great with Coco deciding to leave him behind because he was taking to long to get to the plain and I'm very curious to see what happened to him and if he is going to come back and get his revenge epically if it is as a ghost because the ghosts are coming back this season.

Then the Outpost Three lifestyle was really interesting with the higher up being in purple and the slaves being in grey. Ms.Venable was so well done with the creepy nature around her but there are some moments that left me a little curious about her. Because the one scene where she went and dressed up in purple in secret made me think maybe she isn't supposed to be in charge but then with how this episode ended with the guy coming into the bunker to inspect it made it so she was supposed to be in charge the whole time. Then I really loved how she made up her own rules and tried to drive everyone else insane by limiting their food and trying to make them into cannibals. And her cane hitting the ground as she approached was a great thing to show her ominous presents everywhere.

Timothy and Emily were really interesting with them being part of the special group selected to survive because of there genes. And seeing Timothy whisked away from his family because he was the only one with these selected genes was really sad but also done so well. Then I'm very curious to see what is going to happen to them because they seem like the least disposable of the characters we have so far been introduced to and there is no doubt in my mind that there going to break the rules and have sex.

The ending makes me very excited to see who is going to be accepted into the new outpost and who is going to be left behind. And just overall this was a really entertaining and interesting first episode and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment